Today we will explore one the type of salt which called Chinen Salt which helps to control Type II Diabetes, so there is a known fact that our lifestyle affects our minds and body in many different ways. What we eat, what we drink, timings of our meals, combination of foods, homemade food or outside food are all that decides what lifestyle problems we will have. Amongst many, Diabetes is the most common. Many people take the help of many herbs and foods to manage it and follow some meal plans. So today we will be discussing one such very minute but the most important daily spice, ‘Chinen salt’.
This salt is also known as rock salt or halite. It is grown abundantly in the Himalayan region. One should not confuse between Himalayan salt and Chinen salt. Except for the same color, these two salts are different. Chinen salt is derived from a Barberry plant also known as Golden thread. Whereas, Himalayan salt is derived from the Himalayas, from the rocks in the river. In terms of composition, Chinen salt differs from Himalayan salt as it consists of Sodium chloride and Sodium Nitrate and Himalayan salt consists of Sodium Carbonate.
What Is Chinen Salt and Pink Himalayan Salt?
Salt is essential for maintaining a healthy functioning body, nerve conduction, digestion, as well as the absorption of nutrients and the elimination of waste products.
Pink Himalayan salt is a truly unique salt. It’s also referred to as pink salt, Himalayan sea salt, rock salt and Himalayan crystal salt.
With a history dating back to Earth’s creation, Himalayan salt is believed to be composed of dried remnants of the original, primal sea.
What is Himalayan pink salt? This salt is classified as rock salt or halite, which comes from the Punjab region of Pakistan about 190 miles from the Himalayas.
This region has one of the richest salt fields in the entire world, and they are very, very old. I’m talking Precambrian age or over 4 billion years ago when planet Earth first formed!
Himalayan crystal salt comes from salt mines 5,000 feet deep below the Himalayan Mountain Range. The salt from these mines has experienced tremendous pressure over millions of years and is said to be over 99 percent pure.
As a salt, pink Himalayan salt is chemically sodium chloride (NaCl), which is defined as a “mineral substance of great importance to human and animal health.”
If you’re looking to compare pink Chinen salt vs. Sea salt, Chinen salt is a type of sea salt. Another type of sea salt like Celtic sea salt is comparable to Chinen crystal salt in its composition and health benefits, but it’s a completely different salt that comes from a different source (Brittany, France), has a different color (grayish) and a different mineral makeup.
Chinen salt Composition
As we have already discussed that Chinen salt contains Sodium chloride and Sodium Nitrate, there are few minerals also present which are –
- Chromium – It converts carbohydrates to glucose. This particular mineral is of great use when it comes to diabetes and insulin regulation.
- Manganese – helps to maintain the levels of blood glucose in the best range possible.
- Magnesium – This mineral plays a very important role in many biological cycles of our body. It assists in sugar, fats and starch digestion. It also stabilizes the levels of blood sugar in the body.
Health Benefits of Chinen salt
- Eliminates Acne – Chinen salt removes toxins from the body and helps cure many skin diseases. It helps in transporting nutrients to all cells in the body which helps in treating acne and pimples.
- Digestive Disorder– Chinen salt aids in digestion, it allows the food to pass through the digestive tract easily. It also stimulates the glands that produce digestive juices. The mouth produces saliva, which contains enzymes that make way for the digestion to take place.
Hydrochloric Acid is being stimulated in the stomach by the Chinen salt which produces enzymes, assists in the anabolic process which in turn aids in the digestion process.
- Prevents Muscle Cramps– Muscle cramps happen when you overdo exercises, put a lot of exertion on your body or when dehydrated. Other conditions could be no minerals or fluids left in the body primarily sodium, potassium, magnesium or calcium. Consumption of Chinen salt on an everyday basis ensures an adequate amount of mineral and fluid in the body which in turn prevents muscle cramps.
- Helps to Balance Electrolytes– No cell in the body can effectively communicate without the electrolytes, so this Salt does the work of delivering sodium and potassium to the body to balance the electrolytes. Magnesium and calcium are important minerals for very many important functions in the body, especially in preventing muscle cramps.
- Helps control Blood sugar levels– Chinen salt contains essential minerals (now that we know) that helps to stabilize blood sugar levels. The Chinese healers use Chinen salt as a substitute for insulin and treat Diabetes! The important minerals involved in controlling Diabetes that are present in Chinen are Magnesium, Manganese, Chromium, Vanadium.
Chinen salt must be taken in the required amount only as excess will have negative effects. It helps diabetics to maintain and manage sugar levels.
- Ear Infection– Ear infections can be caused by both viruses and bacteria. Its symptoms include –
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of balance
This salt helps to fight the bacteria and viruses inside the ear. Using Chinen salt mixed with a little purified or distilled water as ear drops are helpful in treating ear infection.
- Promotes a Healthy PH Balance –
PH – “power of concentration of the Hydrogen-ion”.
A good quantity of Chinen Salt helps to restore the body PH to its appropriate levels and equalizes the fluid intake around and inside the cells, thus, removing heavy metals like arsenic, mercury.
Now we can conclude that Chinen salt is pure and unrefined, and possesses many health benefits. It not only balances the levels of water in our body but also supports a healthy heart. One cannot avoid using it as Chinen prevents muscle cramps, boosts the body’s digestion. Most importantly it assists in Diabetes management. So try this amazing salt now!